10/20/2009

Escaping smelly Bangkok


Arriving Bangkok around 8ish in the morning I met Sandra, a sweet dutch girl, on my way into the city. Spending a few hours in busy Bangkok together, we decided to take a night train heading south together to Chumphon in order to escape all the friendly tuk tuk drivers asking: "Where you going?". After two nights with almost no sleep we arrived this morning in Koh Tao - the turtle island. We found some accommodation for our first night on the island and spent most of the day just lying at the gorgeous beach, enjoying thai food, going for a swim and resting, of course - the lovely pics have to wait for a bit since I cannot connect my camera right now. Tomorrow we will start our 4-day open water diving certificate, which I am pretty excited about :)
In general, I can say that I am doing well and I am glad to not travel on my own for the first days. It is way easier to adjust to weather, food and culture.
Anyhow, enough for today.

Der Weg ist das Ziel, sprach Konfuzius. Ich bin am Ziel.

2 Kommentare:

robby hat gesagt…

juhu, freut mich von dir zu hören! lass es dir gut gehen :* bibbernde grüße aus ffm

weitweg hat gesagt…

Robby!!! So kalt? Ich kann nicht klagen. Ich bin sogar froh, dass heute morgen ein kurzer Monsumregen eingesetzt hat, daher ist es gerade recht angenehme 23 Grad anstatt der gefuehlten 32.
Trink eine Tasse heisse Schokolade fuer mich mit! Bussi