12/22/2009

Great Barrier Reef - Above the Water

3 days, 2 nights on Ocean Quest on the Great Barrier Reef. 3 days including 12 dives (10 day, 2 night) around the Saxon and Norman Reef close to Green Island. Well, what can I say: I absolutely loved it! Great dive sites (lots of turtles, grey and white tip reef sharks, trigger fish, anemone fish...), great boat and catering, great people... again a place to come back to. Even managed to survive my second and first unguided night dive, which was kind of scary to be honest. Diving down with my buddy and a little torch, the Giant Travelliers learned to hunt in the torch light. Thus, you have to imagine us, being surrounded by approx. 10 massive and ugly fish in the dark. Only black pinnacles around you and in between some green pair of eyes (sharks) pointing at you. Scary.


Nothing except Water and the blue Sky

Tim, Lauren, Jonathan and I

Hawskill Turtle

BCD



Sketch of the next Divesite



Pot of Dolphins



Filling Log Books and Chilling in between Dives





1 Kommentar:

Lauren Flicker hat gesagt…

Hey lady!

This blog is so great! I've been home for a week now. It's freezing cold, and I keep thinking longingly of OceanQuest and the Great Barrier Reef and diving with you guys.