12/22/2009

Kangaroo Island, Day 1

Possibly one of my favourite spots so far around Australia (although I know I will say that about a couple of other places here in Australia as well - Australia is just fantastic!). Kangeroo Island is the third biggest island of Australia just a 45 minutes ferry drive away from the coast around Adelaide.

On the island there live about 4000 people and is filled with nature and wildlife. Joining a tour for two days, I had a fantastic guide Barny and some wonderful people on my trip.
Stopped for the Australian Seal Bay observing the large colony at the beach, did Sandboarding in the Little Sahara (could not get myself to risk my camera for pics), stayed at a little Camp Hut in the middle of nowhere with Kangaroos, Wallabies, Koalas, Opossums and much more right in front of the terrace, as well as some bats within the hut. Enjoyed some nice barbecue and went out for a nocturnal drive and walk to spot some little penguins.

Seal Bay
5 month old youngster waiting for his mum to return from the sea
Tired after three days of fishing



A rabbit

View of our terrace
Barny - the Barbecue Master
Little Penguin

Keine Kommentare: