11/26/2009

Early Wake-up Call

Although not getting that much of sleep, my alarm kicks me out of my bed by 5 am. I am about to visit the famous Tsukiji Seafood Market - luckily not too far away from my hostel. The tuna auction halls are filled with the frozen as well as fresh bodies of the colossuses, later on being sawed and cut into "small" pieces on the outer fish market. Each day Tsukiji handles more than 2000 tons of seafood. Since my stomach does not feel ready for the probably best Sushi breakfast here in town around the fish market, I head down the Ginza boulevard (the highend and luxery part of Tokyo where you can only afford window shopping) to central Tokyo and the Imperial Palace Gardens. Next stop is the Tokyo Stock Exchange and Electronic City in the afternoon. The evening I spend with Megumi dining in some japanese restaurant around Shinjuku.













Keine Kommentare: